Starting a Local HTPA Chapter is Simple to Do – just follow the steps below
- Submit your Local Chapter Directory Listing through the website. This will serve as your Letter of Intent and inform HTPA that you would like to establish a Local HTPA Chapter.
- If you have a name for your Chapter please include it. Having a name is not a requirement and may be developed at any time or not at all. (Commonly a Chapter will be named to identify the area it is in.) If no name is given for the Chapter, it will be identified by the city location of the Lead/Chair.
- Please include the name and contact info of the person who will be the Lead/Chair. The Lead/Chair must be an HTPA member, but others in the Chapter do not need to be HTPA members.
- If there is a Vision for the Chapter, please share it. It is understandable that the Vision may be in development and most likely will change as the Chapter grows.
- If possible, include the names of the cities that will be included in the Chapter area. (zip codes are helpful) This allows us to gather contact information of HTPA members in the area.
2. Administrative approval will establish a Local HTPA Chapter.
3. Once your local chapter is established, HTPA will make announcements in the HTPA Newsletter, Local Chapters Newsletter and Facebook. Upon request, we can send out an email to members in your area.
4. All Local HTPA Chapters will be listed on HTPA website under Local Chapters with the Chapter name, city/state and the means to contact the Lead/Chair so others in the area can connect and join the Chapter.
5. Upon request HTPA will be available and happy to discuss on-going development, offer ideas, suggestions and encouragement.
6. We have one requirement—The Lead/Chair is to submit a short monthly recap as an Activity Report. The Activity Report Template will be sent to the Chapter Lead/Chair. If no activity has taken place for the month that can simply be noted on the Report.
The Activity Report keeps HTPA informed of Chapter growth and may be used to share activities and acknowledge Chapters in the HTPA Newsletter or on the HTPA website.
It's That Simple!!